What is the purpose of iKids?
iKids OSHC is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for children’s growth and development in a safe, welcoming environment. Our educational programs are based upon the Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (S.T.E.A.M. curriculum) to challenge and stimulate a child’s natural curiosity to explore and innovate.
We also provide children with plenty of free time and space for other activities/programs that include sports/outdoor team games, cooking, music, dance and many other fun activities. As our activities are interest based, children have the opportunity to choose or propose the activities they wish to participate in.
Who are we?
Our vision is to be WA’s pre-eminent provider of high quality out of school hours care, supported by continued investment in innovative program curriculum and technology, which enhances engagement between families, schools and community.
What do we offer?
Sports and Outdoor Team Activities – Children will be provided with the opportunity to participate in a variety of sporting or outdoor team activities to develop skills, fitness and team work. Coaching clinics will also be provided for children to further develop their abilities in a chosen sport.
Kids in the Kitchen Program – Children will be provided with the opportunity to learn how to prepare simple nutritious meals and snacks, as well as how to use cooking utensils and equipment. They will develop their own menus and learn to follow recipes. Where possible, children can grow their own vegetables to use in their recipes. Each child will have the opportunity produce their own “Kids in the Kitchen Recipe Book”, which will include their recipes, pictures and comments about the food and recipes they have prepared in the program.
Move “n” Groove Program – Children will be provided with the opportunity to participate in fun, simple fitness and dance activities to music. They will learn how to warm up their muscles and bodies by using appropriate stretching techniques and also develop coordination and rhythm through dance expression.
Why choose iKids as an OSHC service provider for your school?
- We are a West Australian based Out of School Hours Care provider, so we know and understand our states local needs and licensing requirements. Being local, you will have direct contact with the owners and Senior Management of iKids, who are based here in Perth, not in the eastern states.
- We have proven experience in successfully starting many OSHC services from scratch and assisting schools with transitioning from another service provider.
- We manage everything from licensing, staff recruitment and training, enrolment process, service fit out to the day to day operations of each service, and most importantly communicating with the school, parents and children to ensure we are meeting the ethos and needs of the community. There are no costs to the school to provide this service.
- We believe in building genuine partnerships and long term relationships, so we therefore allocate time and resources to support school communities e.g. assist with fundraising, volunteering at school activities – sports day carnivals/discos/excursions, Attend P & C Meetings etc.
- Our team of experienced Educators will ensure our programs and procedures are aligned with your school’s policies and behavioural guidance practices.